Re: PostgreSQL OGC compliant

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Yoong Zhen Ang <y0z0ang(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL OGC compliant
Date: 2015-05-13 11:49:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Yoong Zhen,

* Yoong Zhen Ang (y0z0ang(at)gmail(dot)com) wrote:
> I would like to check whether PostgreSQL is compliant with OGC. If it is,
> can you provide me the documentation to it?

If you're talking about Open Geospatial Consortium, then what you really
want is PostGIS, the spatial extension to PostgreSQL. PostGIS follows
the OpenGIS Simple Features Specification for SQL and is an excellent
extension with a long history and which is maintained by an overlapping
but independent community.

http://www.postgis.org

Thanks!

Stephen