Re: Populating missing dates in postgresql data

From: Vincent Veyron <vv(dot)lists(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Lavrenz, Steven M" <slavrenz(at)purdue(dot)edu>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Populating missing dates in postgresql data
Date: 2015-03-27 16:37:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 27 Mar 2015 08:33:36 -0700
"David G. Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> ​This is a performance optimization that I would avoid at nearly any cost,
> and there are likely better ways to limit the processing scope without
> having to trust the a cron job runs daily​

mmmhh... it's not so much performance optimization as query simplification, but I agree it adds a maintenance problem.

I never heard of problems with cron not running though, is this really a concern?

--
Salutations, Vincent Veyron

https://legalcase.libremen.com/
Legal case, contract and insurance claim management software