Re: FW: Installation

From: Vincent Veyron <vv(dot)lists(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
To: Martin Caverly <mcaverly(at)KoboProductsInc(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FW: Installation
Date: 2015-03-11 17:56:51
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 9 Mar 2015 16:35:12 +0000
Martin Caverly <mcaverly(at)KoboProductsInc(dot)com> wrote:

> I am trying to install PostgresSQL 9.0.12 (stand-alone, fresh installation), but cannot pass the password screen. I have tried these passwords: root, Root, Superuser, superuser, postgres, Postgres, Postgressql, postgressql… none of them was accepted.
> Please kindly advise the default password for fresh installation.

What are you installing on? (and as Adrian noted, why the old distribution on a fresh install?)

On Debian for instance, the new Postgres user has no password. You need to do (as root):

# su - postgres
$ psql

--
Salutations, Vincent Veyron

https://marica.fr/
Gestion des contentieux, des dossiers de sinistres assurance et des contrats pour le service juridique