BUG #10991: psql -c ignores my pager settings in ~/.psqlrc

From: andrew(dot)pennebaker(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #10991: psql -c ignores my pager settings in ~/.psqlrc
Date: 2014-07-18 16:04:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 10991
Logged by: Andrew Pennebaker
Email address: andrew(dot)pennebaker(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.4
Operating system: Ubuntu 14.04

I never want to use the pager, as it comes up at the most inopportune times
in Emacs shell-mode, so I have configured my ~/.psqlrc with:

\pset pager off

This works for psql -f <script>.psql. However, when I run one-off commands
with psql -c <command>, the pager pops up again, making psql -c really hard
to use in my Emacs workflow.