Re: BUG #9635: Wal sender process is using 100% CPU

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Jamie Koceniak <jkoceniak(at)mediamath(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #9635: Wal sender process is using 100% CPU
Date: 2014-05-07 07:40:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

On 2014-05-07 03:02:22 +0000, Jamie Koceniak wrote:
> The ssl option is on in postgres.conf but we don't have any hostssl lines or cert configured as an authentication method in our pg_hba.conf file.

Add sslmode=disable to the standby's primary_conninfo to be certain. The
profile suggests ssl is active. 'host' allows ssl connections, it just
doesn't force them to be used.

Also, zlib seems to be a contention point. If that profile is from a
standby, could it be that you're concurrently generating base backups?
Or compressing files in a archive_command?

Greetings,

Andres Freund