BUG #10223: Linking postgresql 64 bit to sql server 64 bit

From: soobia(dot)arshad(at)tranchulas(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #10223: Linking postgresql 64 bit to sql server 64 bit
Date: 2014-05-05 08:04:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 10223
Logged by: Soobia Arshad
Email address: soobia(dot)arshad(at)tranchulas(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.19
Operating system: linux

I am maintaining postgresql database in linux 64 bit machine and sql server
2012 on windows 64 bit. I wanted to create a linked server in sqlMS for
which i installed ODBC driver in windows. When i use
C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe then test connection is successful but
sqlMS gives me architecture mismatch error. and when i used
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe then postgresql is not listed in its driver
list under system DNS tab so i am unable to set up a DNS source. Where am i
going wrong? how can i link a 64bit postgreql to 64bit sql server?