Planned downtime @ Rackspace

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Planned downtime @ Rackspace
Date: 2014-04-25 19:53:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Greetings,

As some may be aware, we are currently working with Rackspace to
upgrade the PostgreSQL infrastructure systems which they graciously
host for us. As part of these upgrades there will be downtime for
systems hosted there.

Our first planned downtime will be for ~ 2 hours on Monday, April
28th, between 1500-2000 UTC (11am-4pm US/Eastern). We have requested
that the outage be towards the end of that window (1800-2000 UTC), but
there is no guarantee that they'll be able to support that request.
Clearly, we hope the actual downtime will be less than 2 hours.

This downtime will impact all systems hosted @ Rackspace as they are
upgrading the switch for us. End-user services which will be impacted
include:

yum.postgresql.org
wiki.postgresql.org
git master server (Committers only)
planet.postgresql.org
www.pgadmin.org, ftp.pgadmin.org
media.postgresql.org
commitfest.postgresql.org
developer.postgresql.org (Developer personal homepages)
redmine.postgresql.org
jdbc.postgresql.org
postgresopen.org
developer.pgadmin.org (sandbox, Jenkins)
babel.postgresql.org (Translation services)

Redundant services (minimal impact expected):
ns2.postgresql.org (other nameservers will still work)
.us inbound mail relay (other MXs will still work)
.us website front-end (should be removed from pool)
FTP mirror (should be removed from pool)

We anticipate this being the only whole-environment outage during
this migration. Future outages will happen for individual systems
as we migrate them to the new hardware.

Thanks!

Stephen