Re: New repmgr packages

From: Christian Kruse <christian(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Martín Marqués <martin(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org, Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: New repmgr packages
Date: 2014-03-21 07:39:48
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

Hi,

On 20/03/14 18:51, Martín Marqués wrote:
> Now, I started thinking of something that maybe Christian or Jaime can
> answer which is not related to packaging (at least not directly) but
> has big influence in it: Do we need different repmgr compilations for
> the different versions of PostgreSQL?

This is a good question.

After checking it three times it should be safe doing that. We're only
using some version-dependent macros which get resolved by
compile-time, and the changes on that macros are backwards-compatible.

That said I have to admit that I didn't test it. Before doing so I
would definitely want to test it.

Best regards,

--
Christian Kruse http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/