Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Lenz Grimmer <lenz(at)grimmer(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages
Date: 2013-12-19 20:50:18
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 02:59:15PM +0100, Lenz Grimmer wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 8:49 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
>
> > For that matter, do our RPMs work on Amazon Linux? Anyone know?
>
> They should, since it's also a RHEL6 derivative, albeit with
> modifications. Their current version actually ships with 9.2 by
> default: http://aws.amazon.com/amazon-linux-ami/2013.09-packages/

Well, "modifications" means change, and we don't review those changes,
so I don't know how we can say it works. Same with Oracle Linux, which
I thought also had some changes compared to REL. This is different from
CentOS which I think says they are the same.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

+ Everyone has their own god. +