Re: More broken mailing list filters

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2013-09-24 17:28:18
Lists: pgsql-www

Josh Berkus wrote:
> WWW,
>
> I just got a bounce on this:
>
> GLOBAL ADMIN BODY: /^\s*get\s+\S+\s*$/i matched "g3t c0mm1tted." at
> line number 4.
>
> ... without the leetspeak of course; I need to put that in or I can't
> report that to this list.

It's not that you "can't get" it to the list; it's just that it got
moderated and slightly delayed. And the pattern is pretty specific: it
only matches a "get" followed by another word, possibly surrounded by
whitespace, but only if they are the only two words in the line. You
didn't need to replace the vowels above; it wouldn't have matched the
pattern, as it was in the middle of a longer line.

I don't see cause for concern. To see delay on somehting like this for
some hours seems okay to me.