Re: BUG #8443: duplicated oids after dump

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: b(dot)rychtarski(at)teb-akademia(dot)pl
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #8443: duplicated oids after dump
Date: 2013-09-11 13:37:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 2013-09-11 12:07:25 +0000, b(dot)rychtarski(at)teb-akademia(dot)pl wrote:
> executed full dump of database without oids:
> pg_dump -v -a -E UTF8 --disable-dollar-quoting --disable-triggers
>

> after restoring database from dump in each table there are rows with
> duplicated oids

So, just to make sure I understand you correctly: You dumped a database
in a form that doesn't contain oids, loaded it into a new one where the
preexisting schema uses oids in user tables? After loading that data
there were duplicate oids?

* Do you have a unique constraint over the oid columns?
* Was there any preexisting data?
* Were there any concurrent inserts?
* Are the "duplicates" rows in the same relation or in different ones?
* How many records do exist in the restore you made?

Greetings,

Andres Freund