Large object + FREEZE?

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Large object + FREEZE?
Date: 2013-07-02 03:16:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Now that we have COPY FREEZE, I'm thinking about adding similar option
to creating large objects. In 9.3 the maximum size of large objects
are increased. That means, the first access to a large object will
trigger more writes because of hint bit updation. Also subsequent
VACUUM may trigger that as well. If we could freeze arge objects while
creating, it could reduce the writes dramatically as COPY FREEZE
already does.

Opinions?
--
Tatsuo Ishii