Re: pg_xlogdump docs

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_xlogdump docs
Date: 2013-05-03 23:42:09
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 07:36:09PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I just noticed that pg_xlogdump uses an underscore in the file name,
> > pg_xlogdump.sgml, unlike every other extension. Should this be fixed?
>
> I did mess about with hyphens vs. underscores vs. nothing at all. Most
> seem to use no char, so "pgrowlocks.sgml" for example, but that
> convention seemed ugly for filenames so I went with the underscore.
> Note that the SGML ID does not have anything, so the URL is similar to
> others:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/pgxlogdump.html
>
> We do have other files that use underscores, anyway.

Well, we have only four:

generate_history.pl information_schema.sgml mk_feature_tables.pl
pg_xlogdump.sgml

Two are Perl scripts. I agree the lack of an underscore makes it look
ugly, but if we are going to improve it, I think we should all of them
or none of them.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com