Re: AWS and postgres issues

From: David Kerr <dmk(at)mr-paradox(dot)net>
To: Quentin Hartman <qhartman(at)direwolfdigital(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: AWS and postgres issues
Date: 2013-04-08 21:09:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Apr 08, 2013 at 02:14:14PM -0600, Quentin Hartman wrote:
- What version of pgpool are you using?
-
- Are there other commands you have a problem with? I would suspect that the
- restart is causing the postgres server to go away, pgpool decides to
- disconnect, and then it has to be manually added back to the cluster.
- Unless of course you've got automatic failback setup, but even then I would
- expect that command to do weird things when issued through middleware like
- pgpool, regardless of what sort of infrastructure you are running on.
-
- QH

This is actually from the command line, PgPool isn't involved at all. I just
mentioned it to give some context.