Re: Embedding postgresql in an application

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Embedding postgresql in an application
Date: 2013-03-30 23:58:23
Lists: sfpug

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 03:57:38PM -0700, Nick Roosevelt wrote:
> On Saturday, March 30, 2013, David Fetter wrote:
> > Check your favorite search engine for OVF and OVA. Just about
> > every virtualization platform can use them, or can at least
> > consume them.
>
> Not sure if I like the idea of a future in which all software comes
> as a vm.

The entire premise of this discussion is how to ship software in a
very sub-optimal way.

Far better would be to have the package installer have root access on
the host machine and integrate with its software packaging system.
That method not being available right now for whatever reason, we were
trying to come up with workarounds until that better way was
available.

Now's your chance to contribute something positive to this discussion. :)

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!