Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA

From: Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, mpitt <mpitt(at)debian(dot)org>, Joshua Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL in Debian <pgsql-pkg-debian(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA
Date: 2013-03-05 09:23:56
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian pgsql-www

Re: Magnus Hagander 2013-03-04 <CABUevEzBH4K=zPAXWFTuFaYpOKP_h2_5XHgivWzbi6_LYEAdwg(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com>
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 7:44 PM, Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > On Mar 1, 2013, at 10:43 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >
> >> Is fairly close to the stuff we were discussing to do. For one, it should use https and not http, but that requires server side changes so it makes sense Jeff couldn't do that. The complete lack of error checking if obviously not very good. But the basic principle is certainly right.
> >
> > Then it is worth Jeff continuing development of it?
>
> As a matter of principle, I don't see why not - though I'm not sure
> how much of this stuff Christoph has already done?

If we are providing a shell script, it should contain the key.

The script we have in postgresql-common now is attached, if the bzr
frontend on bzr.debian.org were not dead at the moment, the URL would
be:

http://anonscm.debian.org/loggerhead/pkg-postgresql/postgresql-common/trunk/annotate/1296/pgdg/apt.postgresql.org.sh

Christoph
--
cb(at)df7cb(dot)de | http://www.df7cb.de/

Attachment Content-Type Size
apt.postgresql.org.sh application/x-sh 4.5 KB