Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA

From: Martin Pitt <mpitt(at)debian(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL in Debian <pgsql-pkg-debian(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA
Date: 2013-02-27 05:47:33
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian pgsql-www

Hello Josh,

Josh Berkus [2013-02-26 13:12 -0800]:
> What's the reason that .10 versions of Ubuntu aren't supported?

Combinatorial explosion I would think, so space and build time issues.
Also, it's really not that important; a package built for 12.04 LTS
will run just fine on 12.10. The only thing which breaks running
binaries for older distro releases is a newer Perl version, but that
hasn't happened after a while. If/when it happens again, we will need
a build for that newer release indeed, but Christoph said that we can
do that.

Martin
--
Martin Pitt | http://www.piware.de