Re: BUG #7821: constant disconnection with external network

From: "Kevin Grittner" <kgrittn(at)mail(dot)com>
To: alessandro(at)nwsoftware(dot)com(dot)br,pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #7821: constant disconnection with external network
Date: 2013-01-23 13:41:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

alessandro(at)nwsoftware(dot)com(dot)br wrote:

> I use PostgreSQL 9.0.6 and I´m with a problem using PostgreSQL with external
> network, by internet (cloud).
>
> If the user open the application and don´t use the application by minutes,
> the connection with database is lost, but if the user to use application
> constantly, the connection with database isn't interrupted.
>
> Is there some setting to avoid this kind of problem?

This is very likely to be caused by a firewall; reconfiguring the
firewall is one solution. You might be able to keep the connections
alive by configuring the TCP keepalive parameters.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/runtime-config-connection.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-CONNECTION-SETTINGS

-Kevin