Re: Experiences with pl/Java

From: "Kevin Grittner" <kgrittn(at)mail(dot)com>
To: "Thomas" <thomas(dot)k(dot)hill(at)t-online(dot)de>,pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Experiences with pl/Java
Date: 2012-11-21 02:08:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Thomas wrote:

> have tested further combinations - without success - any other
> idea?

> [attempts to use Java parameter list for PostgreSQL OUT parameters]

My guess is that for a single PostgreSQL OUT parameter you should
make your Java function return a value of that type and omit the
parameter from the Java function signature. PostgreSQL implements OUT
parameters in a different way from what I've seen in other products:
a single OUT parrameter is the same as specifying the type in the
RETURNS for the function. Specifying multiple OUT parameters returns
a record with matching fields.

That always seems odd to me, but at this point it is very unlikely to
change.

-Kevin