question on trigger

From: <mgould(at)isstrucksoftware(dot)net>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: question on trigger
Date: 2012-02-11 16:22:44
Lists: pgsql-general

I will have several triggers which will make sure that the data in some columns in in uppercase format. For insert it is a no brainer, however for updates, it is better to check and see if the new values is the same and only update if different? We are not talking about a huge number of transactions. In one day we might have at the most 3000 transactions.

Michael Gould

Intermodal Software Solutions, LLC

904-226-0978