create extension failed

From: alp(at)sfedu(dot)ru
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: create extension failed
Date: 2011-09-21 20:40:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello.
I have one test database, which was upgraded from 8.4 to 9.0. Now I've
upgraded it to 9.1. I'm trying to create extension for hstore.

db=# CREATE EXTENSION hstore WITH SCHEMA public FROM unpackaged;
ERROR: function hstore_recv(internal) does not exist

I suppose, that hstore_recv was added in 9.0, but I didn't update
hstore extension after upgrading from 8.4 to 9.0. Is this assumption
correct? How am I supposed to deal with this situation?

Finally, I was able to create extension after the following:
sed -e 's|MODULE_PATHNAME|$libdir/hstore|' <
/usr/local/share/postgresql/extension/hstore--1.0.sql | su pgsql -c
'psql -d db '
db=# CREATE EXTENSION hstore WITH SCHEMA public FROM unpackaged;

I'm not sure if it was a right thing...

--
С уважением,
Александр Пыхалов,