Re: bytea performance tweak

From: Radoslaw Smogura <rsmogura(at)softperience(dot)eu>
To: Maciek Sakrejda <msakrejda(at)truviso(dot)com>
Cc: Florian Weimer <fweimer(at)bfk(dot)de>, Andreas Schmitz <schmitz(at)occamlabs(dot)de>, Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bytea performance tweak
Date: 2011-06-28 07:26:22
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Nop, this is problem with information passed by encoding to binary format . Currently driver sends timestamp and offset as text unknown.
However in binary mode you may only send Julian local date or Julian UTC date, this means when you call set timestamp you need to know what is target type of field.
Sending timestamps as text unknown resolves this, but may add problems like in post you has referenced.

Regards,
Radek