Re: Converting uuid primary key column to serial int

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "David Johnston" <polobo(at)yahoo(dot)com>, "'Mike Christensen'" <mike(at)kitchenpc(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Converting uuid primary key column to serial int
Date: 2011-06-08 23:54:50
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wednesday, June 08, 2011 1:40:35 pm David Johnston wrote:
> [...]

Actually per the docs and for completeness sake:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/datatype-numeric.html#DATATYPE-
SERIAL

CREATE SEQUENCE tablename_colname_seq;
CREATE TABLE tablename (
colname integer NOT NULL DEFAULT nextval('tablename_colname_seq')
);
ALTER SEQUENCE tablename_colname_seq OWNED BY tablename.colname;
So the NOT NULL is already included.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com