Backpatching of "Teach the regular expression functions to do case-insensitive matching"

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Backpatching of "Teach the regular expression functions to do case-insensitive matching"
Date: 2011-05-05 09:21:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

In my opinion this is actually a bug in < 9.0. As its a (imo) low impact fix
thats constrained to two files it seems sensible to backpatch it now that the
solution has proven itself in the field?

The issue is hard to find and has come up several times in the field. And it has
been slightly embarassing more than once ;)

I am happy to provide patches for the supported releases < 9.0 if that helps
the issue.

Greetings,

Andres