Re: PostgreSQL for Holdem Manager could not be installed.

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Alphadion <s_savovbg(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL for Holdem Manager could not be installed.
Date: 2011-03-15 16:31:18
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tuesday, March 15, 2011 9:26:44 am Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Adrian Klaver wrote:
> > On Tuesday, March 15, 2011 9:04:30 am Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > The larger question is whether these forums should be used to help
> > > people get support for commercial products that embed Postgres.
> >
> > The eternal Open Source dilemma. Once it is released into the wild are
> > we responsible for it? In a perfect world the folks that incorporate
> > Postgres into their products would be entirely accountable for its care
> > and feeding. Part of me says hold to that standard. Another part says
> > how do you know where a question is really coming from? I for one am
> > not going to interrogate everyone on their reasons for asking a
> > question. The other issue is perception. Right or wrong, not answering
> > questions ends up reflecting negatively on the community.
>
> I think we should make sure they have checked the vendor help system
> first or point them to that.

Actually in this case that had already been done:) From the original post:

"Whatever I did didn't help, incl. a teamviewer session
with one of the HM administrators.

I've already read and done everything about that in FAQ, forums,net etc. and
nothing helps. "

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com