Re: Auto-partitioning in COPY

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Leonardo F <m_lists(at)yahoo(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Auto-partitioning in COPY
Date: 2010-06-03 14:34:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Leonardo F wrote:
> At this page:
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Auto-partitioning_in_COPY
>

> I read:
> "The automatic hierarchy loading code is currently integrated
> in the code of the COPY command of Postgres 8.5"
>
> Is that true?

It might be true for Aster Data's version of Postgres, but not for the
community version. I have relabeled those pages as "Aster Data", and
emailed the author mentioning the problem and asking why Aster features
are being listed on our wiki, which causes confusion.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com