Re: GeSHi module for Postgresql?

From: Leif Biberg Kristensen <leif(at)solumslekt(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GeSHi module for Postgresql?
Date: 2010-05-04 16:17:22
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tuesday 4. May 2010 18.05.02 Tom Lane wrote:
> Leif Biberg Kristensen <leif(at)solumslekt(dot)org> writes:
> > Another point: I'm uncertain how to define a «user» in this context.
Someone
> > who wants to highlight plpgsql code snippets is most likely to be some
kind of
> > developer.
>
> Sure, but what I meant was "not intended to be called directly from
> SQL". Lots of those functions underlie operators, for example, and
> you're really expected to use the operator instead. Stuff like
> btree support functions likewise not really intended to be called
> manually.

Yes, I think we are agreed. See also my earlier reply to Yeb Havinga, where I
expressed some second thoughts about including a full function list. I think
that the «public» functions included in the docs are sufficient for most
purposes. There aren't an awful lot of them; I compiled a list by hand in a
couple of hours.

regards,
--
Leif Biberg Kristensen