Hints for postgresql package recompilation (FIXED)

From: Angel <clist(at)uah(dot)es>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Hints for postgresql package recompilation (FIXED)
Date: 2010-03-13 11:54:09
Lists: pgsql-general

FIXED!!

compilation needs a non root user (initdb complains about root during tests
)...

regards, Angel

#####################################

Hi,

We are trying to deploy an OpenBravo installation on OpenSuSE 11.2 X64 and are
using Postgresql 8.4.2-1.1.1 as the data backend, but OpenSuSE rpm seems to
lack uuid-ossp bindings, so we tried to regenerate from src rpm.

After getting the libuuid ossp sources, we used the --with-uuid-ossp switch on
a X86 laptop as a test before the final compilation on X64 and tried to
rebuilt the package several times but we are hitting a regresion error
(build.log attached).

Anyone can provide usefull hints about this issue? We need to check this out
before trying to contact opensuse packagers...

Thanks!

PS: package used is :
http://download.opensuse.org/update/11.2/rpm/src/postgresql-8.4.2-1.1.1.src.rpm

/Angel

Most people know C is not so high level....
...Everybody else just got assembler overdose