list of all months

From: "query" <search2006(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: list of all months
Date: 2010-03-08 12:25:23
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I want to display data for all days in a month even if no data exists for that month. Some of the days in a month might not have any data at all. With normal query, we can display days only if data exists.But I want to display rows for all days in a month with blank data for non-existing day in database.

How can this be achieved ?