Re: Add pg server to cluster

From: Alan Hodgson <ahodgson(at)simkin(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add pg server to cluster
Date: 2009-12-07 19:09:41
Lists: pgsql-general

On Monday 07 December 2009, AlannY <m(at)alanny(dot)ru> wrote:
> What should I do exactly? Create NFS folder in new server? And then?
> Mount NFS folder to /var/lib/pgsql/data? If so, I will confront with
> space problem again, when space will ends at the new server...
>
> Or maybe there are more advanced modes with NFS?

You can create tablespaces on different mount points. But seriously, don't
use NFS across multiple servers for a database. Like another poster
suggested, buy an external storage chassis and hook it up.

--
"No animals were harmed in the recording of this episode. We tried but that
damn monkey was just too fast."