Re: Unit conversion database (was: multiple paramters in aggregate function)

From: Karsten Hilbert <Karsten(dot)Hilbert(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unit conversion database (was: multiple paramters in aggregate function)
Date: 2009-08-20 12:30:49
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 08:31:17PM +0200, Alban Hertroys wrote:

> He he, all right then! There certainly are some things left to
> improve. One thing I noticed from the links you sent is that I
> ignored a few units used in medicine assuming they were deprecated
> ages ago - apparently not...

Ah, tell you what. There's *weird* unit usage in medicine !
There's units which omit parts of themselves (they are
assumed to be known to be implicit). There a units used for
measurments which are only equivalent to each other by some
weird empirical formula.

> Then again, encouraging their usage may not be the best thing to do,
> but who am I to decide what units people use eh?

No chance weaning doctors from mmHg, for example :-))

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD 4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346