Excel and postgresql functions

From: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Excel and postgresql functions
Date: 2009-05-26 09:41:50
Lists: pgsql-general

I've built some functions just for encapsulation reasons and
avoiding to pass the same parameter over and over.

I'd like to access the result from Excel but it seems (and I'm not
pretty sure it is the definitive answer) excel can suck data just
coming from views and tables.

- can someone confirm Excel/Access 2003 can't return result sets
coming from functions?
- if Excel/Access can't return results from a function is there a way
to masquerade the function (accepting parameters) behind a
table/view.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it