custom stemming in full text search

From: Aaron Patterson <aaron(at)tenderlovemaking(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: custom stemming in full text search
Date: 2009-04-14 22:51:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I'm trying to use full text search against text that contains lots of
technical terms, and I'd like to add some custom stemming. I have many
occurrances of "libblah" or "blahtool", and I'd like to remove the "lib"
and "tool" terms since they are meaningless search terms.

Is there an easy way to accomplish this? I read through the text search
sections of the documentation and this website:

http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/tsearch/V2/docs/custom-dict.html

Is there an easier way?

Thanks in advance.

--