Re: getting 'full' names of functions?

From: Jan-Peter(dot)Seifert(at)gmx(dot)de
To: raf <raf(at)raf(dot)org>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: getting 'full' names of functions?
Date: 2009-03-05 16:41:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello raf,

> > > Easier is just
> > > select oid::regprocedure from pg_proc where <whatever>

> note that this method doesn't produce a complete function
> signature. the precision and scale of numerics are not
> included in the output. hopefully, that won't matter for
> your needs.

Oh. So functions expecting e.g. numeric(5,2) as argument wouldn't be listed correctly? Is this going to be fixed then? For now all I need is the 'full' function name necessary for GRANT/REVOKE.

I guess this will do for now for 'non-numeric'-functions?:

SELECT DISTINCT p.oid::regprocedure::text FROM pg_catalog.pg_proc p LEFT JOIN pg_catalog.pg_namespace n ON n.oid = p.pronamespace WHERE nspname !~* '^pg_' AND nspname != 'information_schema'

Thank you very much,

Peter
--
Computer Bild Tarifsieger! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a