UUIDs using e2fs library on Linux in 8.4

From: David Lee Lambert <davidl(at)lmert(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: UUIDs using e2fs library on Linux in 8.4
Date: 2009-02-08 03:44:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In the same spirit as the FreeBSD-native UUID generator that was discussed
here a couple months ago, I was able to link Postgres 8.4 against the UUID
generator embedded in the Linux ext2fs toolchain. My code is posted at

http://www.lmert.com/download/pguuid-for-8.4.tar.gz

Unlike on FreeBSD, there isn't a link-conflict issue that requires this;
it's just Another Way To Do It.

--
David Lee Lambert ... Software Developer, member IEEE, ACM
Cell phone: +1 586-873-8813