Re: Can't edit rows

From: Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Roman Uhlig Maxity(dot)de" <roman(dot)uhlig(at)maxity(dot)de>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can't edit rows
Date: 2009-01-12 14:23:33
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi, Roman

Can you supply more detailed info?

Database version
Table privileges
Which component? (I suppose it is EditGrid. right?)
What occurred? (the cell is readonly or get a error message?)

I had tried to create some tables that the foreign key reference to.
Like:
CREATE TABLE knve_type
(
id serial NOT NULL,
typename character varying(20),
CONSTRAINT knve_type_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id)
)
The table knve_instance can be edited and get a error message when tried
to insert row (It's normal as I don't insert anything to knve_type).
If the role don't be given insert privilege, the cells can be edited and
get a no-permisson error message (It's normal, also).

Quan Zongliang
quanzongliang(at)gmail(dot)com
CIT Japan: http://www.cit.co.jp
CIT China: http://www.citbj.com.cn