Re: Argentina PUG

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Emanuel CALVO FRANCO <postgres(dot)arg(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Argentina PUG
Date: 2008-11-14 17:31:22
Lists: pgsql-es-ayuda pgsql-www

Emanuel CALVO FRANCO escribió:
> Not yet Selena. We generally use pgsql-es-ayuda list...
> but, after the PGday we think it will be more active.
> In other hand, we create an IRC channel on irc.freenode.net for Arpug.
>
> We need a time, but there's people who is interest on it.
> In fact, there are mini-pugs that are growing in the other states
> (cordoba, corrientes)
> but they need gow up to converts in a really pugs, that's because we promote
> the idea to create an Arpug.

If it's going to start growing after PGDay, then maybe it makes sense to
way until after PGDay to create the list(s).

As a completely different topic, I told Selena some time ago that the
current naming scheme for PUGs does not scale. If we get a Cordoba PUG,
will it be copug? And if we get a Corrientes PUG, what will we name it?
corpug? If we ever get a Colombia PUG, what will we use?

I suggest that maybe XXpug should be reserved for country codes (so
"bapug" and others are already misnomers; it's fortunate that the bapug
list has not had any traffic yet. Can we rename bapug to arpug?)
*mumble* ISO 3166-2 *mumble*