Re: PostgreSQL process architecture question.

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL process architecture question.
Date: 2008-09-09 16:10:01
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 11:35:56PM +0800, Amber wrote:
> We know PostgreSQL uses one dedicated server process to serve one
client connection, what we want to know is whether PostgreSQL use
multiple threads inside agents processes to take advantage of multiple
CPUs.

No. Note that "threading" is not automatically necessary to get more
than one processor to work on a single query. But at the moment,
Postgres doesn't do that either.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(at)commandprompt(dot)com
+1 503 667 4564 x104