Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tino Wildenhain <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?
Date: 2008-04-21 17:37:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Am Montag, 21. April 2008 schrieb Tino Wildenhain:
> Well... or reStructuredText which has the advantage of beeing human
> editable? (without specialized editor that is)

Well, there is also asciidoc, markdown, and various other wiki-like minimal
markup formats. All fine ideas, if we want to introduce a whole new toolset.

I will point out, however, that minimal markup formats only have minimal
features. Asciidoc for example has very poor and broken i18n support. And I
don't know whether markdown can actually support a FAQ structure.
reStructuredText might do better, but superficially it looks the same.