Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Subject: Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?
Date: 2008-04-21 12:33:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Am Samstag, 19. April 2008 schrieb Alvaro Herrera:
> The FAQs are another matter however.  I suggested some time back moving
> those to DocBook XML.

The question is whether we consider the FAQ to be a document tied to a
PostgreSQL release (e.g., there is a separate FAQ applying to each release)
or whether it is a "global" document. In the former case, it should be in
CVS, in the latter it should be somewhere else. In my mind, it is quite
clear that it is the latter.

But while I am in favor of moving as much as possible of the developer
documentation to the wiki, I am not sure such a primary, user-facing document
should be in a wiki. Not because I am afraid of anyone being able to edit
it, but I am concerned about the impression this creates with (new) users.
Could we mirror it from the wiki to the "real" web site?