Re: Getting available options

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Getting available options
Date: 2008-02-19 13:56:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Am Dienstag, 19. Februar 2008 schrieb Magnus Hagander:
> 1) Extend pg_settings with a column that contains an array of the available
> options. Extend the config_string GUC struct with a hook that can return
> this data.

Before we get to the interface for reporting this to the client, I wonder how
we should deal with this in the backend. Right now, we have string options
with assign hooks. You'd need to add a reporting hook or something for each
parameter. I'm thinking, perhaps we should invent a new GUC data type enum,
now that enum is an accepted way to categorize with data around here. :)
That could simplify the code a bit.

--
Peter Eisentraut