Re: case dumbiness in return from functions

From: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: case dumbiness in return from functions
Date: 2008-01-18 12:37:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:14:33 +0100
Nico Sabbi <nsabbi(at)officinedigitali(dot)it> wrote:

> yet I find disturbing that Postgres doesn't make the effort
> to respect the case specified by the user. If I created a field
> called "REF" why should Postgres call it "ref" in the output of
> queries if the standard doesn't specify any obligation to convert
> the name ? I'd like to have the possibility to enable this feature
> in future releases.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-10/msg01527.php

There are pro and cons.
In my dreams I'd like a good Genius to fix all the issues even the
one I can barely understand and have a case preserving pg.

In reality I'll take more care with quotations and never post after
midnight.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it