Re: Overblogging etc

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Overblogging etc
Date: 2008-01-12 17:37:28
Lists: pgsql-www

Tom Lane wrote:
> > That said, it's an unfortunate situation with the blog posts right now.
> > But that's *not* because they are from the same person. See below for
> > the reason.
>
> You didn't mention what the reason was?
>
> The state of the web front page surprises me, because if you look at
> http://www.planetpostgresql.org/
> Bruce's stuff shows up as a single entry. Why is it not the same way
> on the front page?

See my reply to Joshua Drake. I think Planet PostgreSQL has some code
that collapses multiple blog entries from the same person on the same
day into a single block, which makes sense based on how they format the
page with the date in red an a grey banner between people; the
Postgres front page doesn't use that formatting.

FYI, I would like "Planet PostgreSQL" text on the front page to be
clickable to take you to that web site; same with "Events" and
"Training" rather than requiring people to click "More".