Re: insert continue on error

From: Sam Mason <sam(at)samason(dot)me(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: insert continue on error
Date: 2007-10-17 10:21:58
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 03:37:46PM -0400, Tom Hart wrote:
> I'm trying to migrate our data mine from a MS Access backend to a
> postgresql backend, and I'm bumping into problems with the conversion.

When I've had to do this before, I've tended to create a table with the
same columns but all of text type. I can then import into there without
worry too much about errors. I'd then write a script to do the movement
across into the final tables. If the access database is still live then
you can spend a while getting the script right, then at some appropriate
time you can just quickly move everything over.

Sam