Re: Request: Anyone using bogus / "humorous" X-Message-Flag headers, could we please turn them off

From: "A(dot) Kretschmer" <andreas(dot)kretschmer(at)schollglas(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Request: Anyone using bogus / "humorous" X-Message-Flag headers, could we please turn them off
Date: 2007-10-05 14:57:08
Lists: pgsql-general

am Fri, dem 05.10.2007, um 10:05:32 -0400 mailte Bill Bartlett folgendes:
> Quick request to the group: we have several members who include bogus or
> "humorous" X-Message-Flag headers in their email messages. Could I
> request that you _please_ turn them off? Because they come through as

Do you mean me?

> flagged messages in Outlook, it throws off my email rules processing
> and the messages end up into the wrong groups. (With the volume of

This header is a special Outlook-Feature. If this header realy make
problems in _this_ software, then i think, _this_ software is broken.
But hey, tell news ;-)

And yes: there are any email-software available, without problems.
Including Windows.

> (Yes, I understand people's personal preferences for not liking Windows
> or Outlook or Microsoft, but that isn't going to change the applications
> that I need to use for my day-to-day work. Feel free to continue

Okay, i like this list and i like the people here. I will try to disable
this special header line for this and only this list (okay, for all
postgresql-lists). Let me try, i'm not sure how to disable this
header-line only for *(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)

Please, don't beat me if this header are still in this message, the
problem is work in progress... i'm not sure if i change the config
properly.

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer
Kontakt: Heynitz: 035242/47150, D1: 0160/7141639 (mehr: -> Header)