Re: pgsql: Release the exclusive lock on the table early after truncating it

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Release the exclusive lock on the table early after truncating it
Date: 2007-09-12 20:44:03
Lists: pgsql-committers

Tom Lane wrote:
> alvherre(at)postgresql(dot)org (Alvaro Herrera) writes:
> > Release the exclusive lock on the table early after truncating it in lazy
> > vacuum, instead of waiting till commit.
>
> Weren't you going to disable vacuum_delay in that stretch of code, too?

I forgot to mention that I had patched this separately. I back-patched
the removal of vacuum_delay all the way to 8.0, but the early release of
the AccessExclusive lock I limited to HEAD.

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/DXLWNGRJD34J
"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values