Re: Debian problem...

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Tom Allison <tom(at)tacocat(dot)net>
Cc: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Debian problem...
Date: 2007-09-11 01:04:31
Lists: pgsql-general

* Tom Allison (tom(at)tacocat(dot)net) wrote:
> I hosed up postgresql by deleting the data directory.

erp. That's no good.

> So I thought I would just uninstall and reinstall postgres using Debian
> packages.
> Now I have nothing working.

Huh, odd, that'd normally work, I think.

> Wondering if anyone here has any suggestions on what to do with a Debian
> installation.

Do a full purge of the package and then reinstall it? I could maybe see
an issue if you didn't purge it due to the leftover symlinks in /etc...
You could also try doing a manual pg_createcluster, possibly with a
pg_dropcluster before it to make sure everything gets cleaned out.

Enjoy,

Stephen