Re: Problem with log_timezone not being set during early startup

From: Decibel! <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with log_timezone not being set during early startup
Date: 2007-08-04 16:31:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Aug 04, 2007 at 12:12:46PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> There's a value judgment involved here: is it better to print timestamps
> in GMT (which the user won't be expecting) than to not print them at all?
> I can see arguments on both sides of that.

As long as it's clear that the times are in GMT I think that's better.

Something else to consider... normally you'd have to have a pretty
serious condition to run into this in normal usage, right? (I doubt
there's many folks that use any debug level, let alone 3) I think that
gives us more flexibility.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby decibel(at)decibel(dot)org