Re: two phase commit

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: two phase commit
Date: 2007-07-23 19:03:50
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 11:59:39AM -0700, Ben wrote:
> Good point, but just to be clear, I was asking about 2PC because our app
> writes to two different databases, and the authors never considered that
> the second commit might fail.

Ok, so as long as you're willing to accept that "second commit might
fail in certain, world-blows-up scenarios", then maybe that's good
enough. (You really just need to know what you're not protected
against, I'd assume.)

The very definition of "news" is "something that hardly ever happens."
--Bruce Schneier