Re: simple query question to use with DBI selectall_hashref

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Kenji Morishige <kenjim(at)juniper(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: simple query question to use with DBI selectall_hashref
Date: 2007-07-05 21:34:23
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 01:39:31PM -0400, Kenji Morishige wrote:
> I would like to create a query that returns a column with an integer
> 1 through (row_count) to use as the index while used in conjunction with
> DBI's selectall_hashref($sql,$key) function. In the past I'd usually just
> write a wrapper around selectrow_hashref and put all those results in an
> array. I don't know why DBI doesn't include a function like this.

I think DBI already does what you want, from the docs:

You may often want to fetch an array of rows where each row
is stored as a hash. That can be done simple using:

my $emps = $dbh->selectall_arrayref(
"SELECT ename FROM emp ORDER BY ename",
{ Slice => {} }
);

It's then an array rather than a hash, but that's better, right?

Have a nice day,